Monday 21 March 2011

Tough Love


When I planted my seeds I put a couple or, in this case, three seeds into the soil hoping that one would take. As you can see, three sprouted. Unfortunately, when seedlings are this close together I am forced to make some tough decisions, like who lives? It's called thinning out. Plants will not thrive with their root systems intertwined. They need space to grow. And as much as you want to separate them and plant them further apart, it's not recommended because they are so vulnerable. It's best to just harden yourself and snip - which is what I did.

I'm so sorry!
My peppers and their buddies.
Add them to your next salad!

On another front, I took a look at my yard yesterday and discovered that it doesn't look pretty. I just know that I have my work cut out for me there. I've got to start planning...
And yes, that's an unfinished fence. 

Some questions that continue to come up in this process are, how many seeds do I start? How many should I expect will survive? How much will fit on my plot of land? Last year I under germinated and ended up filling in the holes with store bought plants. I'd like to think I'm on my game this year, but I feel like this just might be an experience thing. Well, I'm going to go for it. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. 

ttfn
(ta ta for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment